WHAT TYPES OF INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT FROM YOU?
Personal Information is information that identifies you as an individual. In order for you to take advantage of particular opportunities provided through the Site (for example, to receive information on Amadeus products), you are required to furnish certain Personal Information. We collect Personal Information from you, such as your name, postal address, telephone number, e-mail address number, only when you voluntarily provide it to us.
Please check the “help” function on your browser to control any of the options mentioned above.
Non-Personal Information is aggregated information, demographic information and any other information that does not reveal your specific identity. We and our third party service providers may collect Non-Personal Information from you, including your Media Access Control (MAC) address, computer type, screen resolution, Operating System (OS) version, Internet browser, demographic data (for example your location without being associated to you).
IP Addresses. Your IP Address is a number that is automatically assigned to the computer that you are using by your Internet Service Provider (ISP). This number is identified and logged automatically in our server log files whenever users visit the Site, along with the time(s) of such visit(s) and the page(s) that were visited. Collecting IP Addresses is standard practice on the Internet and is done automatically by many web sites.
HOW DOES AMADEUS USE INFORMATION COLLECTED FROM YOU?
Personal Information. We may use Personal Information:
* To fulfill your requests (e.g., to send you news and updates and answer your questions).
* To obtain your feedback (e.g., through a survey).
* To send you important information regarding the Site, changes to our terms, conditions, and policies and/or other administrative information.
* Where authorized by you or by law, to inform you by e-mail of our products and services, special offers and promotions and any other marketing materials which we think may interest you.
* For our internal business purposes, such as data analysis, audits, developing new products, enhancing our website, improving our services, identifying usage trends and determining the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns.
Non-Personal Information. Because Non-Personal Information does not personally identify you, we may use it for any purpose. In addition, we reserve the right to share Non Personal Information, which does not personally identify you, with affiliates and other third parties, for any purpose. In some instances, we may combine Non-Personal Information with Personal Information (such as combining your name with your geographical location). If we do combine any Non-Personal Information with Personal Information, the combined information will be treated by us as Personal Information hereunder as long as it is so combined.
IP Addresses. We use IP addresses for purposes such as calculating Site usage levels, helping diagnose server problems, and administering the Site. We may also use and disclose IP Addresses for all the purposes for which we use and disclose Personal Information.
HOW IS PERSONAL INFORMATION DISCLOSED?
We may disclose Personal Information:
* To our third party service providers who provide services such as website hosting, data analysis, infrastructure provision, IT services, customer service, e-mail delivery services or promotional activities.
* To identify you to any person to whom you send messages regarding Site-related content through the Site.
* To an affiliate or other third party in the event of any reorganization, merger, sale, joint venture, assignment, transfer or other disposition of all or any portion of our business, assets or stock (including without limitation in connection with any bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
* If necessary : (a) under applicable law including laws outside your country of residence; (b) to comply with legal processes; (c) to respond to requests from public and government authorities including public and government authorities outside your country of residence; (d) to enforce our terms and conditions; (e) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (f) to protect our rights, privacy, safety or property, and/or that of our affiliates, you or others; and (g) to permit us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
Please take into account that some of the companies, affiliates or not, we may share Personal Information with, may be located in countries outside the European Economic Area, which, from a data protection perspective, may offer a non-equivalent level of protection as established in the European Data protection. We have taken steps to ensure that your Personal Information continues to be adequately protected.
FORUMS AND PROFILES
We may make available through the Site services (for example, message boards, chat functionality, “profile pages” and blogs, among other services) to which you are able to post information and materials. Please be aware that the information you disclose through such forums and profiles services becomes public information, and may be available to visitors to the Site and to the general public. As a recommendation we urge you to exercise discretion and caution when deciding to disclose your Personal Information, or any other information, on the Site. WE ARE NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE USE OF ANY Personal Information YOU VOLUNTARILY DISCLOSE THROUGH THE SITE.
THIRD PARTY SITES
We use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect Personal Information under our control. Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or data storage system can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. Please do not send us sensitive information through e-mail. If you have reason to believe that your interaction with us is no longer secure (for example, if you feel that the security of any account you might have with us has been compromised), you must immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us in accordance with the contacting section of this Site (note that if you choose to notify us via physical mail, this will delay the time it takes for us to respond to the problem).
If you change your mind, and no longer wish to receive marketing-related e-mails from us on a going-forward basis, or if you would prefer that we do not share Personal Information about you on a going-forward basis with our affiliates for such affiliates’ marketing purposes, you may opt-out of receiving such marketing-related e-mails or from such sharing by using the tool provided to do that.
We will endeavor to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable. Please note that if you opt-out as described above, we will not be able to remove your Personal Information from the databases of our affiliates with which we have already shared your Personal Information (i.e., to which we have already provided your Personal Information as of the date that we implement your opt-out request).
CHANGING OR SUPPRESSING PERSONAL INFORMATION.
If you would like to review, correct, update, suppress or otherwise limit our use of your Personal Information that has been previously provided to us, you may contact us by the contacting section of this Site. For your protection, we will only implement such requests with respect to the Personal Information associated with the particular e-mail address that you use to send us your request, and we may need to verify your identity before implementing your request.
In each event, you must clearly indicate the information that you wish to have changed or suppressed. We will endeavor to comply with your request as soon as reasonably practicable.
NOTE REGARDING THE USE OF THE SITE BY CHILDREN:
The Site is not directed to individuals under the age of eighteen (18), and we request such individuals not to provide Personal Information through the Site.
JURISDICTIONAL AND CROSS-BORDER ISSUES
We do not represent or warrant that the Site or any part thereof, is appropriate or available for use in any particular jurisdiction. Those who choose to access the Site do so on their own initiative and at their own risk, and are responsible for complying with all local laws, rules and regulations. We may limit the Site’s availability, in whole or in part, to any person, geographic area or jurisdiction we choose, at any time and in our sole discretion. By using the Site and submitting any Personal Information, you consent to the transfer of Personal Information to other countries which may provide a different level of data security than in your country of residence.
Please note that e-mail communications will not necessarily be secure; accordingly you should not include credit card information in your e-mail correspondence with us.